If you’ve ever worried about photos from your past coming back to haunt you, get to know the story of the Everywhere Girl. Over a decade ago she was a young actress posing for a series of stock photos. While she’s no Mona Lisa, in recent years her photos have made their way into royalty-free collections and crept into print and web designs the world over. First chronicled in Paul Hales’ technology blog The Inquirier and later by Idée’s own CEO Leila, the Everywhere Girl now even has her own blog. While fans have been compiling her images with the human eye for years, no method is better suited to this kind of task than image-recognition technology.
We indexed a series of Everywhere Girl photos using PixID our image recognition technology and have been monitoring the appearance of the Everywhere Girl. Here are the interesting results from our book cover monitoring project:
The Let’s Study Series of Christian books
- Peter (Let’s Study) by William W. Harrell
- Corinthians (Let’s Study) by David Jackman
- Galatians (Let’s Study) by Derek Thomas
The pensive pen view on a six-pack of books, the bottom-left book containing a flipped verion.
- They Don’t Want to Die: A Journey into Suicide
- The Complete Handbook of Block Scheduling by Yvonne Thayer
- Up Close With Jesus: Getting Deep in the Book of Luke (Truthquest) by Steve Keels
- Hard Questions About Christianity Made Easy by Mark Water
- Mapas Mentales: Agenda Para El Exito by Jazmin Sambrano
- Teaching and Learning Through Multiple Intelligences by Linda Campbell
Summer then fall, back then front; respectively.
Images of her reading, right one flipped. The middle one is tough but PixID spotted it.
- Motivating Students to Learn (2nd Edition)
- The Productive High School
- Learning to Read Critically in Language and Literacy
Images of her confident stride in order of increasing obscurity. Spot the closeup on the right.
Images of her being attentive in order of increasing obscurity.
- Listening (Resource Books for Teachers)
- It Couldn’t Happen Here: Recognizing and Helping Desperate Kids
- We the Students : Supreme Court Cases for and About Students
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Prep Exams
- Thomson Advantage Books: Communicating with Credibility and Confidence
Images of her back with pack in order of increasing obscurity.
- America’s Disconnected Youth: Toward a Preventative Strategy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depressed Adolescents, Second Edition
- Choosing the Right College 2004: The Whole Truth About America’s Top Schools (Choosing the Right College)
- If Anybody Asks Me…: 1,001 Focused Questions for Educators, Counselors, And Therapists (Pocket Prompters Series)
The designs for Eating Well on Campus both containing the Everywhere Girl.