So have you got what it takes to be part of the amazing tiny TinEye team? We work on big image search projects. We beat the search giant(s) with our little reverse image search engine! Join us if hardware is your hard core passion, system administration your dream job and working with a tiny dedicated team your cup of tea. We work (super) hard and play hard. We are INSANE about image search.
So Who Are You?
You are an experienced system administrator. You are used to working with Linux compute clusters, servers and databases. You thrive in a startup environment and enjoy being part of a fast paced problem solving oriented team. You analyze problems carefully and have solid testing practices. You are not afraid of fire fighting, and know how to use a firehose!
Your Perl, Python and shell scripting skills are solid. You are a hardware fanatic and have a strong sense of ownership.
In this role you must be able to handle remote troubleshooting and be on-call.
- Support our development team and our image search products particularly TinEye
- Be involved in every facet of our cluster management including onsite machines and co-located servers in downtown Toronto
- Manage server selections, purchasing and roll out
- Work primarily with Linux and also some Windows system administration, configuration, troubleshooting and building systems from components.
- Fine tune systems, installation and upgrades of server OS and workstations (Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian and Windows)
- Manage all networking requirements and router configuration
What you will need to have:
- BA/BS in CS or related field, or equivalent experience (a degree is not a requirement)
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Sharp analytical abilities
- Sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Troubleshooting experience
- Desire to learn new technical skills as required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated fanatical passion for your work
- Experience with cluster management/monitoring systems (Nagios/Cacti/Ganglia)
How to Apply to be Considered
If you are interested in applying for the above position and working with us, please send your resume, a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and past projects to hi (at) tineye.com Whenever possible, please include links to past work or examples.
[Photograph: Google First Production Server by Steve Jurvetson]